Who we are
Our website address is: https://southernbeachesrugby.com.au.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
1. Open and transparent management of personal information
2. Anonymity and pseudonymity
As a visitor to the Southern Beaches website you are free to browse without entering any personal information and therefore may remain anonymous during your visit.
To guard against fraud, we require all customers to identify themselves accurately when purchasing raffle tickets through the website. This information is stored by us in order to produce reports pertaining to the raffle event. These reports are kept for three years in accordance with NSW Fair trading laws.
3. Collection of solicited personal information
Southern Beaches will only collect the personal information it requires to provide you with business and related services or for the promotion or marketing of its services.
Southern Beaches will only collect information by lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonably intrusive way. We collect personal information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you, when you provide information by telephone or in application forms, or when you submit your personal details via the website (e.g. when you make a purchase from the Southern Beaches website);
- from third parties such as our related companies, credit reporting agencies, or your representatives;
- from publicly available sources of information;
- from the organisations identified below under ‘Use or disclosure of personal information’;
- from our own records of how you use our services.
Southern Beaches will not collect personal information revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, organisational membership, or sexual activity.
4. Dealing with unsolicited personal information
If we receive unsolicited personal information and determine that we could not have collected the personal information, then we will, as soon as practicable but only if it is lawful and reasonable to do so, destroy the information or ensure that the information is de-identified.
5. Notification of the collection of personal information
6. Use or disclosure of personal information
Southern Beaches may use your personal information it collects to:
- verify your identity;
- assist you to subscribe to our services;
- provide you with business and related services;
- administer and manage those services, including charging, billing and collecting debts;
- promote and market our current and future business and related services to you;
- conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness and for fraud;
- research and develop our services; and
- maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure, including testing and upgrading of these systems.
In order to deliver the services you require, Southern Beaches may disclose your personal information to organisations outside Southern Beaches. Your personal information is disclosed to these organisations only in relation to Southern Beaches providing our services to you. These organisations carry out our:
- mailing operations;
- billing and debt-recovery functions;
- information technology services;
- marketing, telemarketing and door-knocking services; and
- market research.
Southern Beaches takes reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information to:
- your authorised representatives or your legal advisers (e.g. when requested by you to do so);
- credit-reporting and fraud-checking agencies;
- credit providers (for credit related purposes such as credit-worthiness, credit rating, and credit provision);
- our related companies;
- our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors, and lawyers;
- government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law; and
- organisations who manage our business and corporate strategies, including those involved in a transfer/sale of all or part of our assets or business (including accounts and trade receivables) and those involved in managing our corporate risk and funding functions (e.g. securitisation).
Southern Beaches may provide aggregate statistics about its customers, sales, traffic patterns, and related website information to reputable third-party vendors, but these statistics will include no personally identifying information.
7. Direct Marketing
If Southern Beaches uses your personal information for direct marketing purposes, any correspondence sent to you will include clear instructions on how to opt out of receiving any further marketing correspondence.
8. Cross-border disclosure of personal information
Southern Beaches will only transfer your personal information outside of Australia if it is confident the recipient will handle it in a manner consistent with the Australian Privacy Principles.
9. Adoption, use or disclosure of government related identifiers
Southern Beaches adopts its own identifiers for all individuals with whom it deals.
10. Quality of personal information
Southern Beaches will take reasonable steps to make sure your personal information it collects, uses or discloses is accurate, complete and up-to date. If you believe that any personal information that we hold about you is not accurate, complete or up-to-date, please contact us so we can investigate the matter.
11. Security of personal information
Southern Beaches will take reasonable steps to protect the personal information it holds from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Southern Beaches permits only authorised personnel to access your personal information.
Southern Beaches will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your personal information if it is no longer needed for any purpose.
12. Access to personal information
You have a right to access the personal information that Southern Beaches holds about you. You can access your personal information by contacting Southern Beaches. We may require you to put your request in writing for security reasons.
Southern Beaches reserves the right to withhold your personal information where its disclosure to you is restricted by law, is the subject of legal action, or may compromise the privacy of another person.
13. Correction of personal information
If you notify Southern Beaches that the personal information that we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, we will take such steps (if any) as are reasonable in the circumstances to correct that information to ensure that, having regard to the purpose for which it is held, the information is accurate, up to date, complete, relevant and not misleading.
Additional information relating to the RaffleTix website
Southern Beaches uses browser cookies to retain login information. The cookies do not contain any personal information.
The Southern Beaches website uses social media tracking pixels that contain a unique identifier that enable us to recognise when someone has visited our site or taking an action in relation to our site. We also facilitate our client organisers ability to learn more about your interest in their raffle at their request through the use of these tracking pixels. In many instances, these technologies are reliant on cookies to function properly. As a result, declining cookies will impair their functioning.
Southern Beaches uses analytics and customisation cookies to collect information that is used either in aggregate form to help us understand how our website is being used or how effective our marketing campaigns are, or to help us customise our website for you.
While Southern Beaches contains links to other websites, it is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites.
Southern Beaches uses secure payment processing systems to process credit card payments. The choice of payment processing system is made by the client organisation running the raffle on the southern beaches website. The following payment processing systems are currently available for use by client organisations: